Rental agreement template page 2 of 3
7. TERMINATION; NOTICE TO TERMINATE: Either party may terminate this agreement at the end of the initial term by giving the other party thirty (30) days written notice prior to the expiration of said term, but if no notice is given, then the agreement will be extended on a month-to-month basis; provided that Resident’s rent shall be increased to AMOUNT OF INCREASE IF MONTH-TO-MONTH. In such event, Resident shall be defined to be a tenant at will.
Resident may terminate this Agreement at any time, provided:
a. Resident provides Management with at least sixty-days’ written notice of termination; and
b. Resident pays all rent and other monies owed through the date of termination; and
c. Resident pays a release fee equal to one month’s full rent; and
d. The Premises are surrendered by Resident to Management in a clean, undamaged and ready-to-rent condition as follows:
i. All interior surfaces and fixtures have been fully cleaned;
ii. All exterior areas are free of trash and other debris, and the yard and landscape are neatly-trimmed and in good condition.
e. Resident allows Management reasonable access to the premises for the purpose of showing the Premises to prospective tenants; and
f. Resident returns all keys to Management; and
g. Resident has provided to Management a forwarding address; and
h. Resident has paid all final utility bills.
Resident expressly acknowledges that any such termination is effective as of the last day of a rental month, regardless of when the called-for notice of termination is given, and that if Resident does not fully comply with the requirements of early termination, then Resident shall be liable to Management for any and all damages to Management for failing to so comply.
8. SUBLETTING AND ASSIGNMENT: Resident may not sublet house or assign this lease without the prior written consent of Management.
9. HOLD OVER: Resident shall deliver possession of house in good order and repair to Management upon termination or expiration of this agreement. Whenever Management is entitled to possession of the premises under the terms of this lease, Resident shall at once surrender premises to Management and shall remove all of Resident's property. Should Resident remain after termination or expiration of this lease, Resident shall be deemed a tenant at will.
10. RIGHT OF ACCESS: Management shall have the right of access to house, without notice, for inspection and maintenance during reasonable hours. In case of emergency, Management may enter at any time to protect life and prevent damage to property. During the last sixty (60) days of residence occupancy in said premises, Management shall have the right to place yard signs, and shall have right of entry to premises for the purpose of showing prospective tenants said property.
11. CASUALTY AND LOSS: Should the Premises be destroyed or substantially damaged by fire, through no fault of Resident, or by storm, earthquake or other casualty, this Agreement may be terminated by Resident as of the date of such destruction, damage, or loss. It is expressly acknowledged that Resident shall not be entitled to a return of any rent or other monies paid should Resident so terminate this Agreement.
12. USE: The Premises shall be used solely for Residential purposes shall be occupied only by those persons named in Resident's application to lease. The Premises shall be used so as to comply with all state, county and municipal laws and ordinances. Resident shall not use the premises, or permit them to be used for any disorderly or unlawful purpose or in any manner so as to interfere with other Residents' quiet enjoyment of their houses.
13. PROPERTY LOSS: Management shall not be liable for damage to Resident's property of any type for any reason or cause whatsoever, except where such is due to Management’s gross negligence. Resident shall be responsible for obtaining appropriate insurance with respect to household goods and personal effects, as well as liability insurance in an amount satisfactory to Resident at Resident's sole discretion.
14. PETS: No animals, birds, or pets of any kind shall be permitted in house without written consent of Management except as follows:NAMES AND DESCRIPTIONS OF PETS
Resident agrees that any pet, if consented to by Management, will require an additional non-refundable pet fee of PET FEE and an increased rent of ADDITIONAL PET RENT per month. Resident also agrees to be fully responsible for any and all damages to persons or property caused by Resident’s pets, and to hold Management harmless for any claim of damage related thereto.
15. INDEMNIFICATION: Resident releases Management from liability for and agrees to indemnify owner against all losses incurred by owner as a result of:
a. Resident's failure to fulfill any condition of this agreement;
b. any damage or injury happening in or about house or premises to Resident's invitees or licensees or any such person's property;
c. Resident's failure to comply with any requirements imposes by any governmental authority; and
d. Any judgment, lien or other encumbrance filed against the Premises as a result of Resident's action.
16. NO WAIVER: Any failure of Management to seek redress for the violation of, or to insist upon the strict and prompt performance of, any covenants or conditions of this Lease shall not operate as a waiver of any such violation or of Management’s right to insist on prompt compliance in the future with such covenant or condition, and shall not operate as a waiver of any such violation or of Management’s right to insist on prompt compliance in the future with such covenant or condition, and shall not prevent a subsequent action by Management for any such violation.
Acceptance by Management of any late payment of rent or additional rent shall not constitute a waiver of any rights of owner, including without limitation, the right to terminate this Lease as herein provided. The receipt of any rent or additional rent to terminate this Lease as herein provided. The receipt of any rent or additional rent by Management with the knowledge of such breach shall not operate as a waiver by Management unless such waiver is in writing and signed by owner.
Go to Page 1 of Rental Agreement Template
Rental Agreement Template Page 3
Return from Rental Agreement Template to HOME