Free Rental Agreement Forms
These free rental agreement forms are templates you can customize to your own terms and circumstances.
STANDARD REAL ESTATE RENTAL AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT made this Day day of Month, Year by and between Management (hereinafter called "Management"), and Tenant (hereinafter called "Resident"). Management rents to Resident, and Resident rents from Management, that house located at Property Address (hereinafter "Premises") under the following conditions:
1. TERM: The initial term of this lease shall be Term months, beginning Start Day,Stary Year, on which date Tenant shall be entitled to possession of the Premises, and ending End Day, End Year.
2. RENT: Rent is payable monthly in advance at a rate of Rent Amount Dollars ($Rent Amount) per month, during the term of this Agreement, due on the Day day of each month, beginning First Full Rent Date. In order to be considered on time, Rent must be received by Management at Management's Address in check or money-order made payable to Who receives rent. Cash is not an acceptable manner of payment.
Rent shall be adjusted on an annual basis, and shall be increased by AMOUNT OF INCREASE on DATE OF INCREASE and each year thereafter that this lease is in force and effect. Resident agrees to sign a new rental agreement for any agreed upon lease beyond the initial rental agreement. Resident further agrees that the absence of a new signed rental agreement does remove or alter Tenant’s responsibility to pay the amount of increase effective the end date agreed to in paragraph 1.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT MAILING THE RENT BY THE DUE DATE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE TIMELY PAYMENT; ALL RENT MUST BE RECEIVED AT MANAGEMENT’S OFFICE BY THE DUE DATE OF EACH MONTH TO BE CONSIDERED TIMELY PAID. FAILING TO REMIT RENT IN FULL TO MANAGEMENT BY THE DUE DATE MAY SUBJECT YOU TO MONETARY PENALTIES AS SET FORTH HEREIN.
Monies received are applied first to any lost rental discount; second to any outstanding additional rent, third to any unpaid fees or charges; then fourth to any current rent or rent to become due.
3. RENT DISCOUNT FOR TIMELY-PAID RENT. For each month that Management receives the rent on or before the due date, Management shall credit Resident $RENT CREDIT AMOUNT towards the rental payment.
4. LATE PAYMENTS AND RETURNED CHECKS: Time is of the essence of this Agreement; Should Management elect to accept rent after the DAY IT IS DUE of the month, Resident agrees to pay LATE CHARGE DETAILS for each day after the DAY IT IS DUE as additional rent. In the event Management must send notice of past due or attempt to collect past due rents, Resident agrees to pay a AMOUNT DUE collection fee as additional rent for each such attempted collection.
Resident agrees to tender all late rents in the form of cashier's check, certified check, or money order. In the event Resident's rent check is dishonored by the bank, Resident agrees to pay Management $50.00 as a handling charge and, if appropriate, the late charge. Returned checks must be redeemed by cashier's check, certified check or money order. In the event more than one check is returned, Resident agrees to pay all future rents and charges in the form of cashier's check, certified check, or money order.
5. PROPERTY CONDITION; MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS. Resident expressly acknowledges that possession of the Premises is taken in its present “as is” condition, with all faults, including, but not limited to lead-based paint and lead-based paint hazards and damage from termites or any other wood-destroying organism. Resident and Management expressly agree that Resident shall be solely responsible for any and all repairs and maintenance to the Premises in exchange for Management granting a rental discount.
Management and Resident acknowledge that this may be an alteration of applicable landlord/tenant law, and that such alteration is specifically and knowingly bargained-for. Resident further covenants that Management shall not be responsible for maintenance of and repair to the Premises, and agrees to be responsible, and bear the sole expense, for any and all maintenance and repairs to the Premises during the term hereof or any extensions; and Resident hereby waives, releases, and holds Management harmless from any and all obligation, legal or otherwise, to repair and maintain the Premises.
6. UTILITIES. Unless specifically agreed otherwise, Resident shall be responsible for all utilities for the Premises, including, but not limited to gas, electricity, water, and solid waste, and Resident shall maintain any and all utility accounts to be maintained in Resident’s name.
return from Free Rental Agreement Forms to HOME